Abstract submission is closed
Please read the following instructions before submitting your abstract. You can also download the guidelines as PDF here.
All participants are invited to share their ideas, results, and cases with other participants. The abstracts are kept confidential until they have been accepted.
Abstracts can be submitted for either oral presentation (free communications) or for a short poster/case presentation at the poster session. Prizes will be awarded to the best presenter(s) in each category based on the quality of scientific content and presentation.
The abstract has to be written in English and has to be limited to a maximum of 350 words.
Each submission has to be structured into the following sections:
- Preferred category (oral presentation or poster session).
- Title of the abstract.
- Authors (full first and last name of all co-authors, only the first letters written in capital, the name of presenter has to be underscored, and no professional titles).
- The authors’ place of employment (department and hospital).
- The profession of the presenter (biotechnologist, nuclear medicine physician, radiographer, radiologist, student).
- The abstract itself has to follow the structure for a scientific paper with the following sections: Introduction (including aim), Materials and Methods, Results, and Conclusion.
The structure for cases and posters has to be: Background, Patient case, and Conclusion.
- References, see more below.
- The font has to be Calibri.
- The title has to be formatted as Bold.
- Please ensure a singular line of spacing between different sections.
- References (bibliography) must be structured according to the Vancouver quotation style, i.e. continuous numbers in brackets using the same font as the body text. References should be inserted under a headline called “References” at the end of the abstract.
- The abstract may only include one figure or table. The maximum size of figures and tables including captions is one additional page.
- The name of the submitted file has to be: [Author’s last name] – [Title of abstract]
- If selected for a poster presentation, the format of the poster has to be: 70cm x 100cm.
Full papers or other material may not be submitted. All authors must have approved the submitted abstract. There are no requirements as to whether data have been presented previously.
The final decision of which category your submission will be presented in will ultimately be made by the abstract committee. All presentations are held in English.
The oral presentations will be a maximum of 7 minutes long followed by 2 minutes of discussion.
The poster session has the format of a poster-walk with a 3-minute presentation of the poster, followed by questions from the panel and the audience.
Abstracts can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your abstract is accepted, you will be notified within 14 days of the submission deadline. Presenters have to be formally registered for the congress, and acceptance of abstract does not entail free registration.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the 63rd Nordic Congress of Radiology and the 24th Nordic Congress of Radiography.